Thursday, January 5, 2012

Time off?

This is our first year homeschooling. We started out a little slower and later than I expected because of a death in the family. When we did get started we had some tweaking to do on our schedule and when I think we got it... We moved which meant a week (or two) off. Starting back wasn't as easy as I wanted it to be. Thanksgiving gave us another break, although I managed to make it only 2 or 3 days. Then Christmas came and I here we are in the new year still not really started.
My husband had the week before Christmas off so I was prepared not to do much that week, but had hopes of getting a little accomplished. A few math practice sheets were made, and I was ready to do 10 spelling review words a day. Monday we did it yeah us. Tuesday I had somewhere to go and asked my hubby to do it I think it got done. Wednesday we had fun all day. Thursday I thought about it, and Friday was Friday so since we already had 2 days off what would that hurt.
Christmas came, we celebrated big as always, Christmas went. My husband went back to work on Wednesday after Christmas. We played.
New Years came, I slept. Wednesday this week I set up our "big" calendar (one on the wall). We even managed to do calendar on Wednesday morning then we went to the zoo.
Today we had appointments at 10 and 1 so nothing has happened. Tomorrow is Friday why start on Friday? Next week maybe? We don't start back to our CC group until the 13th. My goal is to start on Monday, can you hold me accountable?

No comments:

Post a Comment