Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Day in the life...

Since many of the blogs I follow are doing a day in the life of their homeschool situations I decided why not join in. So with the same disclaimer that their is no typical day in our classroom here is our "usual" day, or what I hope it to be.
Morning wake up she watches tv and has breakfast. Then I eventually roll out of bed (I am not a morning person).
When I am up we start with the Saxon Math Calendar for the day/Morning Routine. This is done in our PJ's.
Next we stop school and do our real morning routine. For me this means brush my teeth, wash my face and put on make up, and get dressed. My daughter brushes her teeth, makes her bed, and gets dressed. 
When we are all put together we come back to the table and I ask math or spelling. She picks her choice and we do that curriculum. When finished we move on to the next I ask math (or spelling whatever she did not chose the first time) or reading. We complete that and continue through the day with all the curriculum represented I want for that day. We get through what we get through by noon and stop for lunch.
Lunch is whatever we can find in the fridge/pantry or Daddy calls and we meet/pick him up and go out to eat.
After lunch if we have curriculum I still want to do and she hasn't imploded on me we continue. If we are done we play/watch tv/do errands/clean house. I am also incorporating a visit to the YMCA so I can continue with my weight loss.
As you can see our schedule is very laid back and I let her choose many parts of the day. I do have set goals each day, like I usually want to at least finish math, spelling and memory work each day. Additionally I would like to get some other curriculum thrown in, but I don't have a set one for each day it's as I think we need it and she can handle it. Since we just came back to school this week it's a slow start getting back up to being able to do as much as I would like in a day, but we are building that skill up again and will soon be chugging along. Part of my problem is I don't get up early, and somedays we don't really start til 11 with the real school work. My next goal is going to be getting up earlier so we can start our morning Routine at 8:30 or 9:00 at the latest. That should help with the not having enough day for all our work!

What does your day look like? What do you need to improve upon?

No comments:

Post a Comment