Let's start with the reasons I homeschool:
- To give my daughter the education I never had.
- To allow my daughter to start school when she is ready and not wait for the state mandated start time.
- To give my daughter individual attention and support and never feel left out in a big classroom, where she is afraid to ask a question.
- To have an education that includes the Bible and not just as another subject, but as part of history, science, etc...
- To give my daughter the desire to always learn
How do I balance these things? Should I even care? I want to keep my daughter from what I experienced and what my husband experienced in our schooling days. I also want her to be smarter than I can imagine. Why should I hide these things in our goal?
Schooling Goal: To educate our daughter in a way that will increase her knowledge and love of learning beyond her school years.
Does that say everything, probably not. Will it be tweaked over the years possibly. Most likely I will forget about it for now. It's part of me and who I am and why I am doing this. Did I need to write it down, no, but it was a good exercise for me. Now why do you choose homeschool, public school or private school? What is your educational goal for your child(ren)?